With a diverse professional background in both local government and public finance, as well as extensive experience providing full-service commercial real estate services, Cathy is a real asset when it comes to working with BARBERMURPHY clients in the commercial, investment and industrial sectors.
Cathy focuses primarily on the needs of national, regional and local office/retail users seeking to lease space and investors seeking to acquire buildings, land or development sites. While the majority of her listings are in the Madison County market, she also has experience working on a national scale.
Cathy has vast knowledge of all aspects of the municipal process and economic development, including site selection, tax increment financing districts, business development districts and enterprise zones. Prior to joining BARBERMURPHY, Cathy provided consulting services for local governments and private developers in the Metro St. Louis area.
She has helped industrial and development clients finance projects through the issuance of industrial revenue bonds and other public bond issuances. Her unique background spans the development spectrum and positions Cathy to be able to help BARBERMURPHY development clients understand available incentives in addition to navigating the local process in each community.
Transactions she has been involved in range from structuring $40 million bond issues to leasing just 500 square feet of office space, and clients range from larger corporate entities making strategic acquisitions and significant real estate users to mom-and-pop businesses. Area foodies might be interested to know Cathy coordinated the lease for Peel Wood Fired Pizza -- a Mike Shannon restaurant -- in Edwardsville, Ill.
Cathy has been recognized by the St. Louis Small Business Monthly as a one of 100 "People to Know" in the Metro East.
- Illinois Realtors
- Realtor Association of Southwestern Illinois
- Growth Association of Southwestern Illinois (board member, former chair of the Developer’s Tour Committee)
- Edwardsville/Glen Carbon Chamber of Commerce (board member, chairman of the board 2014-2017, current chair of the Policy Council)
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville -- Edwardsville, Ill. -- Master's Degree in Public Administration
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville -- Edwardsville, Ill. -- Bachelor's Degree in Communications